Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Sewaholic Alma Blouse for me


Back in May, at Sewjourn I made a few garments for myself.  I was really keen to make at least a wearable toile of the Alma Blouse by  Sewaholic as I had seen a few versions on blogs and thought it would make a good blouse for work.

My version is View C with the scoop neck and the waist ties,  but the sleeves from View A.  I made size 10 but next time will go down to an 8.  I also added 2" to the length and have not added the waist darts - purely as I wasn't sure with the added length, which would have made them a very long dart.


The fabric is a cotton voile by Wyndham fabrics which has been in my stash for a long time and was a good choice of fabric for the blouse.

Next time I make this blouse I will scoop the neck lower and try the darts.  I wore the blouse to meetings in Melbourne recently tucked in with a blazer and by the end of the day it really did feel a bit big (the tie waist is holding a lot in for the pics) and it would have sat better with the additional shaping.  With casual jeans, the blouse is fine. 

4 comments:

our shabby cottage said...

It looks great Rachel, and you do too!

Cindy said...

I love the blouse! It looks great on you with jeans.:)

JHNickodemus said...

Awesome! Too cute!

Karen said...

It's a great blouse Rach - the darts will help with the shaping though this is a more than wearable toile!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...